Friday, August 22, 2008

long awaited updates

It seems I have been missed during my blogging hiatus - there were IMs, phone calls, emails, people knocking on my door, registered letters, the whole works just to see what was happening to Kesley Hair.* The thesis got totally finished and turned in and then I had nothing left to procrastinate so I took a break from blogging. Good news though, school starts Monday so there is plenty to procrastinate again - thank goodness.

Life has not been all that exciting and the feelings of pure bliss associated with finishing a Master's degree faded more quickly than I had hoped they would. In just a few days I will officially be employed in my first, truly full-time job. I add truly because I have been working more than full-time the last two years but it paid so little sometimes I feel like it didn't count.

My new favorite hobby is making lists of things I am going to buy with my first paycheck. Unfortunately, there are a lot of necessities that have been moved up the priority list and some fun stuff has been moved to the bottom but eventually I will get there. I have been considering personalized license plates but the reality is that I can't handle that sort of commitment so instead I have been shopping for new tattoos, good thinking, huh? I have vowed to take myself on a celebratory date to have a dinner where I don't even think about the prices. Then I am going to come home and do nothing the rest of the night because that is what non-students do. Speaking of things non-students do, sleep every night. I think I will go do that now.


* Okay there was only one IM asking about the blog but still, I am sure the rest of you were on the verge of missing me.

No comments: