Sunday, August 1, 2010

my goodness.

So much has changed since my hiatus from blogging. Since the August 23rd post filled with pictures of my cat I have:

  • survived doctoral level classes successfully 
  • gotten engaged
  • planned a wedding
  • gotten married
  • changed my name
  • lost my gallbladder 
  • had a birthday

My goodness indeed.  Incidentally, I thought I would blog through more of the wedding planning but clearly I skipped that completely.  I read a lot of wedding blogs but didn't really get into writing my own.  The wedding blogs I enjoyed the most were the ones that encouraged a lot of creativity and DIY projects.  Now, don't get me wrong, I definitely did not DIY our whole wedding, I am not that crafty.  However, all the crafty wedding blogs did help me rekindle my love of projects.  I love getting everything set up to make something and then having the end result actually turn out well.  Unfortunately, I have an equal number of projects utterly fail on me.  I think I need to give up any crafts which require a large amount of painting.  I am just not good at large painting projects and I need to accept that.  Yet, as I write those words my brain starts coming up with all sorts of new plans for how I can try again and reasons why this time will be different.  Why is it my brain tried to talk me into all sorts of crazy ideas?  I need to resist, seriously.  

I yanked back out the sewing machine my dad bought me in junior high and used it for a couple wedding projects.  I keep telling myself I am going to try sewing some projects that require patterns but I always find a way around it and end up making another effing tote bag.  Every time I try patterns I just end up frustrated because they end up too technical for me so I finish my "own way" and it undoubtably ends up a giant failed project.  I think I need to find some new types of projects.        
  

No comments: