Tuesday, November 18, 2008
sans widsom
I will always remember the small sign which was perpetually displayed on my dad's fridge: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Now, I have that sign which has been permanently stained from spaghetti sauce explosions and sticky fingerprints. Although I struggle with that whole gee-oh-dee thing, I have continually tried to let the serenity prayer guide me, admittedly with more success at some times than others. At some point the wisdom snuck out and doesn't seem to be coming back. (It is entirely possible that while leaving, wisdom held the door open and let in the mouse. The mouse is now missing as well.) It seems like a relatively easy task to deal with an issue once you know whether or not you have any control over it. What then, are we supposed to do when we genuinely have no idea whether or not we have any control at all? Wisdom? Baby? You can come home now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment