Monday, January 5, 2009

all in good time.

Always being the short girl has it ups and downs but I really hate the process of taking pants to the tailor to get hemmed. Now I know that I could just do it myself. However, after a very memorable night in Chicago I learned that hemming pants just isn't something I will ever get motivated enough to learn to do well. So off to the tailor I go. The problem is that after I part with some of my hard-earned money to buy something I want to take my something home immediately. I want to play with my new toys, wear new clothes, eat new food, etc. This is why I hate paying for insurance; I don't ever get any new somethings to play with. Right now I feel like my new pants are spending the first week of our relationship with some guy in the mall. But alas on Wednesday we will be reunited and I am sure we will live happily ever after.

I have been spending my vacation in Des Moines and although the whole tailor debacle is a downer it does give me a nice excuse for staying another couple days. I know that few people ever feel ready to go back to work but still. I love my job but I wish it was in this city. If anyone out there is planning on shifting some tectonic plates in the near future might I suggest putting Des Moines, Cedar Falls/Waterloo, and Atlanta all right next to each other? That would be superb.

1 comment:

BUELSY said...

the chicago pants hemming of 2007 was perhaps the most memorable pants hemming of all time. :)